- Use of the bankbuddy.ai website (the “Bankbuddy Website”)
- Requesting a white paper, demo or other information
- Registering for bankbuddy blog or receipt of bankbuddy emails
- “Contact us” page
- Registering for bankbuddy events
Information we collect
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
When you register to our website: We will collect and process personal data when you register or share your information and show interest for “Demo”, “contact us” etc. You may limit the amount of information we collect by setting your privacy preferences, modifying the settings of your device or browser, or through the way you use our Services.
Through marketing communications: We may collect personal data as part of our marketing, including surveys sent for research purposes, to allow us to improve our services and better provide you with relevant information.
When you use our website: We may collect personal data using your browser’s cookies when you use or view our websites.
- When you connect with Bankbuddy through social media: We may collect personal data when you connect with us to enable us to communicate with you.
- When you attend or sign up for Bankbuddy events: We may ask you to provide us with some personal details so that we can provide you with updates and to send you information on Bankbuddy events and other Bankbuddy marketing material.
This is information you give us which personally identifies you, such as your name, email address, telephone number, date of birth or home address. We may use your personal details to send you important notices about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our Services. Knowing your basic personal details lets us personalize any communications we send to you.
Cookies and other technologies
For the purposes further set out below, the Bankbuddy Website store and access information on the equipment of users via cookies and similar technologies (hereinafter referred to as “Cookies”). Cookies are small pieces of information used to store technical and/or personal details, identify users of a service and enable certain functionalities. Third parties may also place Cookies that can be used to track internet behaviour. For these third-party Cookies please refer to the information provided by the relevant third party –Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google and LinkedIn. You may also be able to adjust your browser settings to refuse all or some Cookies, although this may affect functionality or the performance of the Services.
Browsing Behaviour, Device Information and Interactions
This entails the tracking of your actions (repeated site visits, interactions, keywords, online content production, etc.) when you access and use our services and the building of profiles over time. It also includes information about the devices and methods you use to interact with Bankbuddy Services and content.
We capture information about your operating system and internet browser when you visit a Bankbuddy website or use our Services, including information that is automatically logged when you use our Services (e.g. requested information, timestamp, IP address).
We will process your behavioural, device and interactions information for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain, protect and improve products and Services, and to develop new ones. The information about how you browse our website or search for products can be used for data analysis and research, to deliver better user journeys.
- To provide you with more useful information, more relevant content and offers, and latest news about products and events: Understanding how and where you interact with Bankbuddy means we can provide you with more personalized and helpful information through your preferred communication channels.
- To protect our users: We monitor unusual or suspicious activities on our website, such as automated abuse, so that we can address it quickly and inform you about potentially fraudulent activities affecting your account. We may also use your personal information for internal auditing, in order to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
We gather your location data, including real-time geographic location, where you have expressly authorized us in accordance with your privacy settings, installed apps, browsers and devices. We use location information for the following purposes:
- To improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. We may use geographic information contained within photos to catalogue images by location.
- To provide you with more useful information, more relevant content and offers, and latest news about products and events. We can serve you with content which is relevant to your current location.
- To verify your identity and assist with the identification of users. Bankbuddy verifies your IP address in some territories during the sign-up process to ensure that you are willing to sign up for our Services and to mitigate the risks of identity theft.
We do not use your location information to track your private activity for purposes other than those set in this section.
We do not share location information with third parties other than Bankbuddy group companies nor sell it to anyone.
Information we receive from third parties
If you login via your social media account, we retrieve basic profile information from your chosen social media identity provider for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity and assist with the identification of users. If you sign up to our Services using a social media site, we receive basic profile information like your name, age range and country of residence.
- To provide, maintain, protect and improve products and Services, and to develop new ones. We may use social network identifiers if you have connected to us from that site, for example through a form on LinkedIn.
How we share your information
Bankbuddy may share your personal data with contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and provide the Services and who are bound by obligations of confidentiality. Your personal data will not be transferred to other individuals or businesses for their own use without your prior explicit consent.
Bankbuddy may also disclose your personal information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, as well as to enforce our legal rights.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
If you provided your consent when signing up to our Services or at a later stage, Bankbuddy may use your personal information to inform you about other products and services which Bankbuddy thinks might be of interest for you. If you do not want us to use your personal information for marketing communications, you can opt-out by sending the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to access, correct, update or delete your data as well as any other right applicable in your jurisdiction by making a request through an e-mail to email@example.com .
In order to delete your data, you may make a request by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also reply to a marketing email to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Note that after the deletion of your personal data, it cannot be recovered and any data and content stored on the Services will also be permanently deleted. We will also delete your personal data once it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was originally collected.
Bankbuddy will need to keep your personal information where required by applicable law and during the relevant statutes of limitations, even if you ask for its deletion. Bankbuddy will not delete your personal data where it refers to an active relationship or a product or service explicitly requested by you. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
You guarantee the quality of the information provided in our Services. All personal data you send to Bankbuddy must be real, accurate and kept up to date. You take full responsibility that your information is accurate, updated and that it complies with this principle. You also guarantee that you have gathered explicit consent from anyone holding any personal image, intellectual property or other rights over your content, authorizing you to upload and store it in our Services.
You may contact Bankbuddy via email@example.com